What is SailGP?
SailGP is an exciting new global championship coming to Plymouth. Eight national teams battle it out to win at iconic waterfront cities, racing identical, supercharged F50 catamarans that fly at speeds approaching 100 km/h.
Bold in its purpose and actions, SailGP was set up not just to provide thrilling sporting action between the sport’s best athletes, but with a belief in the power of sport for good, enacted through a culture of outperformance with purpose and championing a world Powered by Nature.TM
At Schneider Electric, recently named most sustainable corporation in the world by Corporate Knights – a leading Canadian media and research company producing rankings based on corporate sustainability performance – we’re proud to announce our sponsorship of the Great Britain Sail Grand Prix in Plymouth 17th-18th July.
SailGP And Schneider Electric, Leading The Way To Net Zero
SailGP offsets more carbon than it’s footprint and has committed to being powered by nature on-water and onshore at all its events by 2025. SailGP believes in working with nature, not against it, for the benefit of the sport and the planet. Schneider Electric is well aligned in these core values as we forge our own path to achieve net zero emissions by 2025. By doing better business, we can help make a better future.
Our Drayton factory and office premises in Plymouth has an electricity supply sourced from 100% renewable energy, and a Single Use Plastic Reduction Team working tirelessly to eliminate single use plastics from our supply chain, having prevented the use of nearly 4 tonnes of SUP since 2018.
Race For The Future
SailGP aims to be the world’s most sustainable and purpose-drive global sports and entertainment platform. SailGP races for a better future and champions a world powered by nature. Through its #RACEFORTHEFUTURE purpose-led agenda, SailGP’s ambitions are to:
- Deliver the most exciting racing on water
- Accelerate the transition to clean energy
- Have events 100% powered by clean energy by 2025
- Create a more inclusive sport from the ground up
- Boldly assert and act on its beliefs in a better sport, better planet
All at exhilarating speed…
Join SailGP in its #RACEFORTHEFUTURE.
At Schneider Electric, our #RACEFORTHEFUTURE means…
- Act fast to slow climate change now
- Advocate for bold measures to accelerate the emergence of a low-carbon world
- Deliver high performance products for an all-electric, all-digital world
- Give every person in the world access to safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable energy
- Support future generations in their education and career development
The Great Britain Sail Grand Prix takes place 17th-18th July 2021 in Plymouth Sound, Devon