Above all, we crave a festive period that is warm and welcoming. One way to keep cosy this winter is a Smart Heating Controls System from Wiser. Easy to install and even simpler to use, Wiser is the smart heating system that provides Multi-Zone Heating and Significant Energy Savings.
Our Smart Thermostats and Underfloor Heating Controls enable homeowners to heat their homes more efficiently. This is thanks to superior control via our Thermostat App. Installing Smart Heating is one of the easiest ways to have a happy holiday without breaking the bank, and even sets you up ready to save energy in the coming year!
There's a reason we look for money-saving tips around Christmas. Research from the Bank of England shows the average UK family spend an extra £500 above the normal household expenditure in December. Family gatherings, gift-giving and office parties may leave us too busy (or indeed tipsy) to be able to act on this. So how do we ease the financial strain?
Well, we've compiled our five top tips to ease your money worries this Christmas
1. Have all of your travel plans booked and ensure everything you need is organised. Those of us travelling elsewhere can save a bundle by booking in advance. It’s a well-known fact that train tickets, for example, are cheapest around 12 weeks before your departure date.
Excursions and activities
2. Get your Christmas outings booked up: There's nothing quite like a show to get you in the mood for Christmas, perhaps it's a special annual treat. If theatre seats are likely to sell out fast, do your research beforehand.
3. If you like saving on festive fun, how does saving on the essentials sound? Smart home devices can really make a difference. And imagine how impressed your guests will be when you ask Alexa to heat up the guest room. Our smart heating system uses so you can be as efficient as possible when heating your home.
Sit back, relax and enjoy
4. Enjoy your festive lighting without the big switch-on scramble: Simply set a schedule for a Smart Plug to turn on and off at the times you choose. Not only is the Wiser Plug convenient for this, but it can help you save energy too by making it easier to turn off devices at the right time.
5. Do something for nothing: think of the most traditional Christmas traditions. Frosty morning walks, holly gathering, carol singing. What do they have in common? They’re free! And a spontaneous, thoughtful gesture for friends and family embodies the spirit of goodwill of the season.